After living in Mexico for about 15 months, these are the things that actually scare us about living here in this country.
Manage your US mail while abroad:
The media paints Mexico as a dangerous place, so we had lots of fears about traveling through the country. After living here for 15 months, our fears about Mexico have changed.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Our story goes like this…
In January of 2018, we made the bold decision to sell everything we owned and leave our lives in the United States to travel through Mexico. All we could take with us in our tangerine-colored Prius C was a few suitcases and our husky Laska.
This Mexico travel video is broken up into 4 sections. Our fears/concerns:
1. Before crossing the border into Mexico;
2. After crossing the border and 1 month into our travels;
3. 6 months after starting to travel Mexico; and
4. In the present day (15 months after living in Mexico).
Some of the fears and concerns we discuss in this vlog:
– Is Mexico as dangerous as the media leads people to believe?
– Do tourists / travelers have to worry about violence in Mexico?
– Is Mexico filled with crooked cops?
– What are the roads like in Mexico? Will our car be okay driving them?
– Is the food / water safe in Mexico?
– Is it a huge mistake to quit our careers and leave our comfortable life in the US to start traveling in Mexico?
– What is it like driving in Mexico? How do we avoid accidents?
– Do we have to worry about military checkpoints in Mexico?
– Are roadblocks in Mexico cause for concern?
– Can we stay in Mexico legally?
– Should we worry about scams in Mexico?
– How do we get packages and deliveries in Mexico?
After 15 months living in Mexico, we realize that some of our initial fears were unfounded and others were legitimate. What we can say with certainty, however, is that how Mexico is portrayed in the media is night and day compared to reality.
ABOUT US (MADDIE & JORDAN)
In January 2018, we sold everything we owned in the US (except our husky Laska & what fit in our tiny, tangerine Prius C3) to travel the world—starting with Mexico. Since then, we’ve been making travel videos about our life in Mexico and the new experiences we encounter while traveling the world. If you’d like to join our shenanigans, subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also poke around our social media to find out what we’re up to each week.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Tangerine Travels perks & apparel!
► EMAIL NEWSLETTER:
► CHANNEL MEMBERSHIP:
► OUR STORE:
Things we mention in our videos!
► How we learn Spanish:
► Chirp Wheels:
► Mail Forwarding Service:
► Rakuten Cash Back:
► Our camera gear & travel essentials:
Follow us on social media!
► INSTAGRAM: tangerinetravelsjordan
► FOLLOW MADDIE, former partner of Tangerine Travels:
► BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY: firstname.lastname@example.org
A HUGE THANK YOU to our Muy, Muy Mandarinas
and Executive Tangerineys on Patreon!
❤ Shawn McAllister + Josie & Steve ❤
We ONLY include affiliate links for products we use, love, and trust. If you make a purchase after clicking on our links, we may earn a commission which helps us continue our travels and produce more videos.
#TangerineTravels #Mexico #MexicoTravel